Re: [RFD] Isolated memory cgroups again

From: Michal Hocko
Date: Sat Oct 22 2011 - 05:31:53 EST

On Fri 21-10-11 13:00:18, Ying Han wrote:
[...]
> The logic is based on reclaim priority, and we skip reclaim from certain
> memcg(under soft limit) before getting down to DEF_PRIORITY - 3.

OK, I guess I remember something from the earlier memcg naturalization
patch set discussions. This will still not help much for my case as the
bigger memory pressure would cause reclaim also from the soft unlimited
group which I would like to prevent.
The other thing about soft limit only reclaim from the global reclaim is
that currently all created memcgs are soft unlimited by default which
might lead to unexpected results. Can we come up with a reasonable soft
limit default?

[...]
--
Michal Hocko