Re: [Linux-cachefs] 3.0.3 64-bit Crash running fscache/cachefilesd

From: David Howells
Date: Thu Oct 20 2011 - 04:48:12 EST

Mark Moseley <moseleymark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I left the existing cache in place. For a few hours, it was culling

That will be whilst the inode cache was filling, I suspect.

> Is there anything I can do to verify whether the objects are indeed
> pinned? This is a pretty busy box. The nfs inode cache is quite large
> (from slabtop):

Hmmm... Can you get me a dump of /proc/fs/fscache/stats to look at?

The "Objects:" and "Relinqs:" lines are the most interesting. On the first
line avl=N shows the number of objects that are in the "available" state -
ie. are live for caching.

Also, can you do:

df -i /path/to/cache/partition

to get the number of inodes available and used.

David