Re: [RFC -v2] x86 RAS: Reorganize functionality

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Wed Oct 19 2011 - 13:13:56 EST

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:08:25AM -0700, Luck, Tony wrote:
> > and what I actually would like to see is something like
>
> [ ] Reliability, Availability, Serviceability
> [ ] Machine Check Architecture
> [ ] Intel-specific features
> [ ] CMCI / overheating reporting
> [ ] MCE decoding
> [ ] MCE injection
> [ ] AMD-specific features
> [ ] Error thresholding
> [ ] MCE decoding
> [ ] MCE injection
> [ ] ...
>
> Where does EINJ and other APEI bits fit into this ... it isn't Intel
> specific (Is it? Do AMD BIOS writers include it??).

I'll have to check on that but...

> It would be nice for it to eventually move in with the other "RAS"
> bit, rather than being hidden under a couple of levels of ACPI menus.

... absolutely, that's what the "[ ] ..." was supposed to mean - other
RAS features which should go there eventually.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
Einsteinring 24, 85609 Dornach
GM: Alberto Bozzo
Reg: Dornach, Landkreis Muenchen
HRB Nr. 43632 WEEE Registernr: 129 19551