Re: Keyboard and mouse issues on MacBook Air (4,2)

From: Nico Schottelius
Date: Wed Oct 19 2011 - 11:01:28 EST

Hey Jiri,

regarding the misplaced keys:

Nico Schottelius [Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:40:50PM +0200]:
> [...]
> I've attached the xev output of fn+{F1-F12}.
>
> F1-F4 are correct, though
> F3 = Expose on MacOS X (**)
> F4 = Dashboard (**)
> F5: not mapped at all: Is KeyboardLightDecrease on MacOSX (*)
> F6 is XF86AudioPrev incorrect: Should be KeyboardLightIncrease (*)
> F7 is XF86AudioPlay incorrect: Should be XF86AudioPrev
> F8 is XF86AudioNext incorrect: Should be XF86AudioPlay
> F9 is XF86AudioMute incorrect: Should be XF86AudioNext
> F10 is XF86AudioLowerVolume incorrect: Should be XF86AudioMute
> F11 is XF86AudioRaiseVolume incorrect: Should be XF86AudioLowerVolume
> F12 is XF86Eject incorrect: Should be XF86AudioRaiseVolume
>
> Thus F7-12 are shifted by one to left in reality and as the MacBook Air

if I want to correct these bugs, which tree should I use as the base?
And when I corrected those, to whom to submit?

I guess the general approach would be to branch out, if it's a mba4,2,
then apply the following mapping, correct?

Cheers,

Nico

--
PGP key: 7ED9 F7D3 6B10 81D7 0EC5 5C09 D7DC C8E4 3187 7DF0