Re: kernel 3.0: BUG: soft lockup: find_get_pages+0x51/0x110

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Oct 19 2011 - 09:40:19 EST

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Mel Gorman <mgorman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> My vote is with the migration change. While there are occasionally
> patches to make migration go faster, I don't consider it a hot path.
> mremap may be used intensively by JVMs so I'd loathe to hurt it.

Ok, everybody seems to like that more, and it removes code rather than
adds it, so I certainly prefer it too. PaweÅ, can you test that other
patch (to mm/migrate.c) that Hugh posted? Instead of the mremap vma
locking patch that you already verified for your setup?

Hugh - that one didn't have a changelog/sign-off, so if you could
write that up, and PaweÅ's testing is successful, I can apply it...
Looks like we have acks from both Andrea and Mel.

Linus