Re: PROBLEM: System call 'sendmsg' of process ospfd (quagga)causes kernel oops

From: David Miller
Date: Wed Oct 19 2011 - 04:02:56 EST

From: Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:52:19 +0200

> For GRE tunnels, I dont think IPv6 fragmentation could be relevant,
> but maybe IGMP could trigger a problem ?

Funny... icmpv6 uses ip6_append_data() which uses hh_len in a
local variable, which seems to suggest that it's immune to
this problem.

IPV4 side seems identical in this regard.

So, as far as I can see, my patch is sufficient to cover IP_GRE
reasonably in the 'net' tree.

Agreed?

If so, someone please test this thing :-)