Re: iwlagn is getting very shaky

From: Guy, Wey-Yi
Date: Wed Oct 19 2011 - 03:35:33 EST

On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 00:19 -0700, Pekka Enberg wrote:
> Hi Wey,
>
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Guy, Wey-Yi <wey-yi.w.guy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Sorry, I was thinking ask Pekka to use the officialfirmware. But more
> > important, I will like to find out is Pekka has the same issue as you
> > have which is tx queue stopped.
>
> I'm happy to help but I have no idea what you want me to do :-). When
> my internet connection dies the next time, what do you want me to
> capture for you? What's official firmware? I'm using Fedora 15 with
> 3.1-rc9 built from sources here. Do you want to see my lspci, .config,
> dmesg, something else?

I don't think it is firmware problem, so please ignore :-)

> As for the problems, I'm using iPhone 3G internet via WiFi sharing and
> connection seems to die few times a day or if I take the phone far
> enough from the laptop. I usually turn off the AP for a while and use
> NetworkManager on the laptop to disable/enable networking to make it
> come back up.
>
> I haven't tested anything but 3.1-rcX kernels on this machine but I
> can do git bisect too if it comes to that.

I am just try to understand if you encounter the same problem as
Norbert. if you can dump the tx_queue
in /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phX/iwlagn/debug folder and send me the
log, thsat will be great.

p.s. you will need to enable CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUGFS option in
your .config

Thanks
Wey