Re: sony-laptop driver: Volume keys on Sony Vaio TX3 don't work

From: John Hughes
Date: Tue Oct 18 2011 - 05:07:21 EST

On 17/10/11 23:45, Mattia Dongili wrote:
On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 05:50:13PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 06:38:01 +0900, Mattia Dongili said:
If that's not an option, perhaps we need a per-model quirk that patches up the
tables at boot time? If we do that, we may want to re-arrange the table so the
affected entries are at the front or something to help insure we don't patch
the wrong entries if somebody else inserts new lines.
Wouldn't udev do that already?
We may actually want to remove those events that never get looked up in
the tables instead.

udev does have some per-model stuff for the Vaio's.

Doesn't work right because the scancodes reported the sony-laptop driver are not the right ones.

(sony-laptop sends its "event" code as the scancode, but to change the keymap you have to use the index in the sony_laptop_input_keycode_map table. I have posted one patch for this which makes the scancodes at least consistent but I think I'll do another that makes them be the same as what current udev thinks they should be. I'll have that ready this evening I thing - have to work now :-( )