Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0.6-rt17

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
Date: Fri Oct 07 2011 - 15:54:27 EST

On 10/07/2011 10:25 AM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
On 10/06/2011 06:15 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
Dear RT Folks,

I'm pleased to announce the 3.0.6-rt17 release.

Hi and thanks again. So far this one is not hanging which is very good
news. But I still see the hrtimer_fixup_activate warnings I reported for
rt16...

I tried rt17 on my workstation and it froze after a few minutes (quad core intel based desktop). Reset button freeze. Then I set up my serial console and tried it out. I could not get it to freeze permanently but I got _many_ hrtimer_fixup_activate warnings and while the console is sending those the gnome interface freezes (this is on fc14). So it is not very usable for debugging...

Just tried again after another reboot (@ 115200 baud) and it worked for a while. Then it started spewing messages again and it is again unusable. I'm attaching a trace of what was sent to the serial console while the machine froze temporarily.

-- Fernando