Re: RFC: virtualbox tainting.

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Fri Oct 07 2011 - 14:33:40 EST

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 14:10:18 EDT, Josh Boyer said:

> (Somehow the distributions get the brunt of the blame from the users,
> but I'm not going to go down that path. I'm trying to be productive.)

The problem is that stuff like kerneloops and the RedHat 'abrtd' daemon tend to
forward to the distro, not the third-party vendor. But I'm suspecting that if
Dave Jones and Frank have a nice discussion and work something out, we'll *all*
be better off. I'd not be surprised if Dave has bug reports for stuff Frank
hasn't seen, because the reports go to RedHat and Oracle never got a copy before.