Re: kernel.org status: establishing a PGP web of trust

From: Arnaud Lacombe
Date: Wed Oct 05 2011 - 20:50:12 EST

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:55 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 04:36:50PM -0400, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> One might still question the legality/constitutionality of such a
>>> statement. AFAIK, Greg KH, author of the sentence (in af45f32d25c) is
>>> not a lawyer.
>>
>> How do you not know that such a sentance was not vetted by a lawyer?  :)
>>
> I assume the worst case, unless given documents proving otherwise. The
> commit message is not particularly verbose.

Just thinking about it, but even if lawyers have been involved, this
has been done, unless error of my part, behind closed doors, without
any public records, so I'd tempted to ask "who paid those lawyers?",
"what was the qualification of those lawyers?", "what was the interest
of those lawyers?" and "what was the interest of those who paid the
lawyers?".

Moreover, the commit message's subject states "We can not allow
anonymous contributions to the kernel", however it fails to describe
who's behind "we".

Finally, I'd be tempted to make a difference between "Anonymous" and
"Pseudonymous".

regards,
- Arnaud