Re: taskstats root only breaking iotop

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Oct 03 2011 - 11:21:01 EST

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:52 AM, Balbir Singh <bsingharora@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Namespaces came in later, much later after taskstats. I think your
> biased and not even thinking about your bias.

Umm. Yes, I'm biased. I'm biased as hell by the fact that I reported
the taskstats namespace breakage with a suggested approach to fix it,
and never heard back from anybody involved with it.

And yes, you were cc'd on that.

> What was badly designed?

The fact that it had no security what-so-ever? Unlike /proc, which at
least has the *structure* for security, even if it then often for
historical reasons leaves things a bit too open.

Linus