Re: CIFS kernel module bug

From: J.P. King
Date: Fri Sep 30 2011 - 20:35:05 EST

Anton will be asleep, so I'll attempt to answer this one.

What server code is the OES CIFS server running ? I thought Novell CIFS
services were all Samba based.

We have been told by the people upstairs who run the server that it isn't. I have a recollection that it may be a forked version of the samba code, but don't rely on my recollections.

Either way it is sitting on top of NSS, a Novell filesystem, which is significantly different to "normal" Linux filesystem. I don't know that
this is the issue, but it is a difference which may affect things regardless of the fileserver code.

Jeremy.

Julian
--
Julian King
Computer Officer, University of Cambridge, Unix Support