Re: Jump Label initialization

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Thu Sep 29 2011 - 12:45:25 EST

On 09/29/2011 05:04 AM, Jan Glauber wrote:

> s390 does not have the early() variant since it didn't need it. On
> pre-SMP we probably don't need stop_machine() so creating
> arch_jump_label_transform_early() by leaving out stop_machine()
> and patching the code directly should be fine.

Well, it occurs to me that if you're using jump_label_enable() very
early, then it will be using the full arch_jump_label_transform()
anyway. While the stop_machine(), locking, etc that the full version
does is redundant in a pre-SMP environment, it shouldn't hurt, so
perhaps there's no need for an _early variant at all.