Re: [RFD 4/9] Make total_forks per-cgroup

From: Glauber Costa
Date: Wed Sep 28 2011 - 11:40:07 EST

On 09/28/2011 12:37 PM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 12:35 -0300, Glauber Costa wrote:

So let me get this straight: The proposal here is really to get rid of
all cputime_t , not only cputime64_t ?

For now cputime64_t would be sufficient, just wanted to extend the
argument with Martin to see if we really need the cputime*() trickery at
all.

Well, at least the 64-bit part I can do myself in this series, since I am already touching it. I'd keep a transition point in which we convert ticks to u64 whenever needed, and we can get rid of it later if you really ditch cputime_t