Re: Detection of Advanced Format drives

From: Martin K. Petersen
Date: Tue Sep 27 2011 - 17:46:33 EST

>>>>> "Arun" == Arun <engineerarun@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Arun> A quick check of hdparm tells me that it is using the SG_IO ioctl
Arun> for the ATA_OP_PIDENTIFY command. Maybe I have some hopes of
Arun> having a correct result with the BLKPBSZGET ioctl. Will check that
Arun> out.

hdparm and the kernel are looking the same place for the physical block
size. There should be no discrepancy between what hdparm can see and
what's reported in physical_block_size by the kernel. The BLKPBSZGET
returns the same topology parameter as sysfs' physical_block_size.

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering