Re: linux-next: manual merge of the staging tree with the v4l-dvbtree

From: Paul Gortmaker
Date: Tue Sep 27 2011 - 16:15:10 EST

On 11-09-27 02:10 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the staging tree got a conflict in
> drivers/misc/altera-stapl/altera.c between commit cff4fa8415a3 ("[media]
> altera-stapl: it is time to move out from staging") from the v4l-dvb tree
> and commit 99c978529a40 ("staging: Add module.h to drivers/staging
> users") from the staging tree.

Hey Greg/Stephen,

So that I could revalidate the module.h stuff with randconfig builds,
I've taken the above staging commit and re-applied it to the module.h
tree -- I'm pretty sure git will see it as the same commit and just
move on with no complaints, but just a heads up for Stephen in case.

This won't happen until Stephen takes the module.h from one of our
internal servers as a temporary measure while kernel.org is down.
I'll be sending that information to linux-next and Stephen later
today.

Paul.