Re: [REGRESSION] e1000e failure triggered by "PCI: Remove MRRSmodification from MPS setting code"

From: Jon Mason
Date: Tue Sep 27 2011 - 14:00:01 EST

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Avi Kivity <avi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Commit ed2888e906b567 (merged 3.1-rc6) causes a reproducible failure with my
> e1000e card here.  Starting a kvm guest (which mostly consists of shoving
> display updates over X over ssh, as far as the network is concerned) locks
> up the card hard.
>
> The failure is easily reproducible, will gladly test patches.

Does the problem occur with the adapter assigned to the kvm guest or
the host? I assume that you are running with the default behavior and
not with the boot arg "pci=pcie_bus_perf". Can you get the dmesg
output (specifically the lines that have "Dev MPS") and lspci -vvv on
the host? Is this an e1000e 4port adapter?

Thanks,
Jon