Re: [Regression] Laptop screen dark when lid closed and reopened.with 3.1

From: Alex Davis
Date: Sun Sep 25 2011 - 16:48:48 EST

Sometime in the recent past, Keith Packard said:
>Are yo using the drm-intel-fixes branch there? That's the one with the
>FBC disable stuff.

Here's the command I used:

git clone -b drm-intel-fixes git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~keithp/linux

The first git log entry:

commit cd0de039bff32ee314046c0e4c047c38aa696f84
Author: Keith Packard <keithp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Mon Sep 19 21:34:19 2011 -0700

    drm/i915: FBC off for ironlake and older, otherwise on by default

I'm new to git. Is there anything else I should've done?

>Alternatively, you can just disable FBC manually by adding the kernel
>argument:
>
>        i915.i915_enable_fbc=0

I'll give this a try.