Re: [Regression] Laptop screen dark when lid closed and reopened.with 3.1

From: Keith Packard
Date: Sat Sep 24 2011 - 10:49:10 EST

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 05:55:46 -0700 (PDT), Alex Davis <alex14641@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a laptop running Slackware64 13.37. With 3.1rc2, rc5, rc6, and
> rc7 the display stays dark when the lid is reopened. The display is
> restored correctly with 3.0.2 and 3.0.3. I'm using KDE 4.5.5. I
> attached scripts to the brightness function keys which allow me to
> adjust the brightness manually, which revealed another regression: the
> password dialog to unlock the screen does not appear until I switch to
> the text console and back to my X session.

If you can, please send along a kernel log with drm.debug=5 and the
output of intel_reg_dumper run when the screen is working and when it is
black -- you'll need to use ssh from another computer to capture the
latter.

intel_reg_dumper can be found at:

git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/app/intel-gpu-tools

I suspect you're hitting some of the backlight changes. Hard to believe
that something as simple as a light could be so complicated...

--
keith.packard@xxxxxxxxx