Re: [GIT PULL 00/12] perf tools fixes

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Fri Sep 23 2011 - 17:26:03 EST

Em Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 06:11:58PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo escreveu:
> Em Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 02:05:25PM -0700, Linus Torvalds escreveu:
> > On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Linus Torvalds
> > <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > But it obviously doesn't affect the kernel compile. It *does* affect
> > > the perf tool compile, and util/python.c no longer compiles because
> > > the byte-swap flag isn't passed to it.
> >
> > This stupid patch makes it compile. But see the comment..
>
> Yes, this is what I was going to push and will if you haven't already
> done so, did you?

Well, its in that branch now.

It should be 0 or false for that last parm (swapped) because in the
python binding we're not processing perf.data files that may have been
captured on another machine of a different endianness, but an events
stream in the same machine.

Sorry about the noise, there is a problem in the way the python binding
is built, i.e. it should notice that the header changed and rebuild the
python binding, I bet this was what made David not notice it :-\

You noticed it probably because it was the first build of the tool on
your local repo or used a new O= output dir.

- Arnaldo