Re: Regression between 2.6.35 and 2.6.38 (freeze at resume)

From: Éric Brunet
Date: Wed Sep 21 2011 - 17:26:54 EST

>> I'd like to know what I can do to help nail this annoying bug. I am
>> not sure if I can git bisect it; it is hard to tell offhand if a
>> kernel is good; it may resume correctly many times before crashing.
>
> Did you try the recent 3.1-rc? There have been a few commits relevant
> with battery module and PM after 3.0, and I guess this will be the fix
> for your case, too.

I did try 3.0.4 and it crashed the same way. I'll try 3.1-rc as you
suggest.

The point is that it worked very well in F14 with 2.6.35 kernels. I was
trying to find out in which kernel exactly the problems began. I couldn't
crash 2.6.36, 2.6.37 and 2.6.38 but, today, 2.6.39-rc1 crashed on me. I
suspect (because there is a small change of behaviour) that the problem
appears in 2.6.38 even though I haven't crashed it yet. Were there some
changes in battery and PM around 2.6.38 ?

Anyway, I start now to compile 3.1.

Thanks,

Éric Brunet