Re: CFS Bandwidth Control - Test results of cgroups tasks pinned vsunpinnede

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Tue Sep 20 2011 - 10:04:52 EST

On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 15:56 +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

> Anyway, once enough random crap wakes up, the load-balancer goes shift
> stuff around, once we hit the group_imb conditions we seem to get stuck
> in a bad state instead of getting out of it.

I bet all that crap wakes on the same tick that sets of the
load-balancer, because none of those things runs long enough to register
otherwise.

Looks like we need proper time weighted load averages for the regular lb
too.. pjt mentioned doing something like that as well, if only to reduce
the number of different load calculations we have.