[GIT PULL] (xen) stable/bug.fixes for 3.1-rc6

From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
Date: Fri Sep 16 2011 - 09:49:17 EST

Hey Linus,

Please git pull the following branch:

git pull git://oss.oracle.com/git/kwilk/xen.git stable/bug.fixes

which has fixes in:
1). The E820 setup code (which we are planning to cleanup in 3.2/3.3 time
-frame as it is getting bigger and nastier).
2). Taking a spinlock while later calling the generic IRQ code which
uses a mutex - causing the "BUG: you took spinlock while sleeping."
Fortunately the fix is quite simple - s/spin/mutex/.
3). The Linux guest when it runs under HVM tries to enable as many PV
things as it can. One of them is the spinlocks - but sadly we are
doing it too late and end up with baremetal ticket spinlocks and
PV byte locks running at the same time. Hilarity ensues with the guest
locking up.. we will revisit this in 3.3 time-frame.
4). Lastly, we fix up the check for overflow and also add a WARN
just in case it happens.

They aren't as spectacular as the previous git pull I sent that
had a bug since 2.6.27.. but nonetheless please pull!

David Vrabel (1):
xen/e820: if there is no dom0_mem=, don't tweak extra_pages.

Jan Beulich (1):
xen/i386: follow-up to "replace order-based range checking of M2P table by linear one"

Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk (1):
xen/irq: Alter the locking to use a mutex instead of a spinlock.

Stefano Stabellini (1):
xen: disable PV spinlocks on HVM

arch/x86/xen/mmu.c | 6 ++----
arch/x86/xen/setup.c | 10 ++++++----