Re: 3.0.1: pagevec_lookup+0x1d/0x30, SLAB issues?

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Sun Sep 11 2011 - 18:44:33 EST

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:

Hi,

With 3.0.1 now and all options compiled in and threadirqs removed, I get the same error this user is seeing:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/1424997

Hello Lin,

I missed your mail (sender IP is in a CIDR blacklist), disabled & whitelisted for now:

I've enabled this and I will post a new e-mail / output if it happens
again with debug enabled for SLAB.

Response to your e-mail:

Could you tell how to reproduce this?
Running a lot of processes at the same time (memory/cpu+i/o)

And would you please turn on more debug options to capture more info?
Yup, done now; however, I am using SLAB, not SLUB; so I've enabled:

-> [*] Debug slab memory allocations -> [*] Memory leak debugging -> [*] Debug VM

CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_VM=y

Please let me know if there are any other options you think would be useful
to enable or if this should be good, if it recurs again-- as noted above
I will post an update.

Justin.