Re: 3.1-rc5 dont boot

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Sep 10 2011 - 16:58:50 EST

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 1:37 PM, werner <w.landgraf@xxxxx> wrote:
> Meanwhile someone mailed me the patch, and I applied it to the code, i.e.
> entry_32.S   . Please verify below that I patched it right.

The file looks correct, but I don't understand what the heck you are doing.

If you really have 3.1-rc5, then you damn well have that commit already.

And if you don't have 3.1-rc5, then the subject line and the previous
report make no sense.

And regardless, the thing I asked you to do was to try to bisect when
it started.

Or try to figure out which config option it is that triggers this problem.

Werner, we've gone through this before. Your craze "everything
enabled" config makes it impossible to figure out what goes wrong,
*especially* when you don't bisect. Read the emails from the previous
time you had problems, and try to narrow it down.

It's totally pointless sending basically the same backtrace over and
over again. It won't help.

Linus