Re: +prctl-add-pr_setget_child_reaper-to-allow-simple-process-supervision.patch added to -mm tree

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Thu Aug 18 2011 - 10:28:13 EST

On 08/18, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> On Wed, 17.08.11 15:45, Oleg Nesterov (oleg@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > You should mark the whole process as sub-reaper, not a single thread
> > which does prctl(). The parent/child relationship is process-wide.
>
> Hmm, how would we implement this best? Would it be sufficient to follow
> group_leader pointer to set/get the flag,

You can mark task->group_leader. Or, probably better, task->signal.

INHO, the best option is SIGNAL_SUB_REAPER in signal->flags. But this
is not possible until we cleanup the usage of signal->flags.

> and to follow real_parent

OOPS. I simly can't understand how I managed to miss this. Of course,
in any case you should follow ->real_parent, not ->parent!

Oleg.