RE: Please pull NFS client changes

From: Myklebust, Trond
Date: Sun Jul 31 2011 - 14:31:20 EST

The majority of that code has been ready for several weeks and has been
posted several times for review. The main stuff that was addressed in
the last week were smaller issues such as the naming of functions that
are globally visible (i.e. not polluting the kernel namespace), a few
bisectability issues and (in the last iteraction) the lack of a
signed-off-by: from Jim.

I agree that we have to address the bug that Peng found, but that
appears to be linked to the NFSv4.1 back channel, which these patches
did not change.

The other point to note is that the patches do not touch the main
read/write code and only lightly change the pNFS code paths. The impact
of any residual bugs is therefore going to be limited.