Re: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0-rt4 , Follow up question

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Thu Jul 28 2011 - 12:27:32 EST

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011, Lars Segerlund wrote:
> How much is there left to do for mainline inclusion ?
>
> A rough guess would be nice, just to assess the amount of work and severity.

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2010-06-26/

If that doesn't answer your question, then you might try:

# tar -xjf patches-3.0-rtx.tar.bz2
# ls patches/*.patch
# wc -l patches/*.patch
# for each patch in patches; do read $patch; done

> As I understand it , a lot of subsystes are trying to go lockless, so
> things should become easier.

Not really, they just use different mechanisms. Serialization and
synchronization are not restricted to locks and some of these
mechanisms are even more evil than a plain old lock.

Thanks,

tglx