Re: 2.6.xx: NFS: directory motion/cam2 contains a readdir loop

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Wed Jul 27 2011 - 15:35:20 EST

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

Justin,

can you please run the attached test program on the affected directory
on the server, and see if you see duplicates in the d_off colum. Unless
you have privacy concerns I would also love to see the full output.

Hi,

Done:

atom:/d1/motion/cam1# /root/getdents > /tmp/cam1-out.txt
atom:/d1/motion/cam1# cd ../cam2
atom:/d1/motion/cam2# /root/getdents > /tmp/cam2-out.txt
atom:/d1/motion/cam2# cd ../cam3
atom:/d1/motion/cam3# /root/getdents > /tmp/cam3-out.txt
atom:/d1/motion/cam3#

Files:
http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20110727/cam1-out.txt
http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20110727/cam2-out.txt
http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20110727/cam3-out.txt

Currently I do not see any dupes, however I have a script that moves images out of the directory once an hour:
0 * * * * /usr/local/bin/move_to_old2.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

I'll disable that for now and see if this recurs, if it does, I'll gather additional output and send it out, thanks.

Justin.