Re: [arch-general] Panic - no sound devices after upgrade

From: Adrian Knoth
Date: Fri Jul 22 2011 - 19:14:53 EST

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 07:37:10PM +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> > Fons (or anyone else who could reproduce the problem),
> >
> > If you want to try out Adrian's patch, I uploaded a kernel with the
> > patch applied here:
> > <https://dev.archlinux.org/~tomegun/kernel26-2.6.39.1.3-1.1-i686.pkg.tar.xz>.
>
> Installed on two machines so far, more tomorrow.
> Seems to have solved the problem :-) :-)

Good to know. I'll wait for your final confirmation and then commit it.

> An unrelated question: I see references to the RME Raydat
> interface. Does that mean it's supported ? Also with period
> sizes < 1024 ?

It is. It's actually the card I'm developing on. So far, all period
sizes from 64 to 8k (iirc) work. I don't know if 32 is supposed to work,
at least on my machine, it doesn't.

HTH

--
mail: adi@xxxxxxx http://adi.thur.de PGP/GPG: key via keyserver