Linux 3.0 STILL dies on USB device hotplug - please merge fix ASAP

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Fri Jul 22 2011 - 13:02:22 EST

Hi,

3.0 still oopses and dies immediately on USB device hot unplug.
The same problem also triggered with SAS device according to Dan.

There was a lot of debugging on this a few weeks back and Alan Stern
posted a SCSI layer patch that fixed the problem (for both USB
and SAS):

http://68.183.106.108/lists/linux-usb/msg49001.html

But for some reason that patch didn't make it into 3.0 and 3.0 still
happily oopses as the RC*s.

Can you please merge this patch ASAP? This should also go to stable.

At least for me it makes pure 3.0 very risky to use, because these USB
hotunplug events are not uncommon and I end up with a dead machine.

Thanks,

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.