Re: Linux 3.0 release

From: Martin Knoblauch
Date: Fri Jul 22 2011 - 08:58:31 EST

Hi Linus,

 congratulations to the new release !!!!  I definitely like that you kept the three digit scheme, leaving the third one to stable. Much more symmetric now:-)

 OK, I know I am going to regret this later :-) I build and installed it, going from my 2.6.38 configuration, and it works OK. The evil 3rd party driver built out of the box and the even more evil 3rd party virtualization stuff built with a already available patch. Cool.

Have a good weekend and vacation
Martin