Re: "slub: Rework allocator fastpaths" and slub debugging

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Thu Jul 21 2011 - 14:55:06 EST

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, Rabin Vincent wrote:

> Enabling slub debugging on linux-next throws up continuous apparently
> spurious "Redzone overwritten" reports, right from startup. The start
> of a boot log is below (the rest of the log has more such reports).

Hmmm... I moved the page lock into the cmpxchg_double simulation for the
debug case after some complaints (last minute change). And now the
updating of the redzone etc is outside of the page lock and therefore not
synced... Somehow we need to move it into the critical section where the
page lock is held. Thanks.