Re: Note on Linux 3.0 and the 3.1 merge window

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Thu Jul 21 2011 - 09:05:22 EST

[ Please CC me I am not subscribed to LKML ]

>From [1]:

"The observation: with the upcoming version number change, the official
'git' repository is now (and has been for a week, but people probably
didn't notice) just

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git

ie the "-2.6" thing is gone. However, the old name continues to work,
just so that nothing breaks. You don't need to really change anything,
but I thought I'd just point it out."

Nice to see you switched finally the upstream repository to a more common name.
What's with all the other repos from sub-maintainers?
I already made some suggestions in [2].

Regards,
- Sedat -

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2011/7/20/371