Re: Bug Report

From: Bjorn Helgaas
Date: Wed Jul 20 2011 - 11:39:02 EST

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Charles Opondo
<charles.opondo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There appears to be a bug with Linux 2.6.38-11-generic kernel; my synaptic touchpad appears not to work with this kernel. I'm not sure if this is a problem specific to my Asus B50A laptop or a general one. Have you had any similar reports?

Is this a regression, i.e., did the touchpad work with a previous
kernel and only started failing with 2.6.38? Do you have a way to
test a current kernel, e.g., 3.0-rc7 to see whether it's already been
fixed?

I assume this is a USB device, so I cc'd linux-usb. If you can
collect the complete dmesg logs from the newest kernel that works and
from 2.6.38, and compare them, there might be a clue.

Bjorn