Re: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm tree with the openrisctree

From: Jonas Bonn
Date: Mon Jul 18 2011 - 07:03:07 EST

On Mon, 2011-07-18 at 18:56 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the scsi-post-merge tree got a conflict in
> arch/x86/include/asm/delay.h between commit 10f53642f115 ("asm-generic:
> move archictures to common delay.h") from the openrisc tree and commit
> "With a non-constant 8-bit argument, a call to udelay() generates a
> warning:" from the akpm tree.
>
> I just dropped this patch from the akpm tree as the former commit
> consolidated this code into asm-generic/delay.h (which doesn't solve the
> problem).

Applying the change from Andrew's patch to asm-generic/delay.h looks
like the sane thing to do. I can do that in my tree and then Andrew can
drop the patch from his tree... does that sound reasonable?

Just so others don't have to go digging for it, the patch in question
is:

http://userweb.kernel.org/~akpm/mmotm/broken-out/arch-x86-include-asm-delayh-fix-udelay-and-ndelay-for-8-bit-args.patch

/Jonas