iSCSI initiator

From: Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG
Date: Fri Jul 15 2011 - 06:55:14 EST

Hi guys,

i'm trying to create a new iscsi based storage system using the "new" LIO implementation.

I'm just wondering which module / software should be used on client side.

Until now we're using Open-iSCSI but for example on http://linux-iscsi.org/wiki/Core-iSCSI you read that Open-iSCSI is slow and old and you should use Core-iSCSI but Core-ISCSI is also at least 5 years old and doesn't even compile against an actual kernel.

I'm now totally confused what the the up2date way for iSCSI under Linux is.

I'm NOT ON list so please CC me.

Greets
Stefan