Re: Imon module Oops and kernel hang

From: Chris W
Date: Wed Jul 13 2011 - 01:42:39 EST

On 13/07/11 14:20, Jarod Wilson wrote:

>> Chris W wrote:
>> The rc keymap modules have been built (en masse as a result of
>> CONFIG_RC_MAP=m) but I am not explicitly loading them and they do not
>> get automatically loaded.
>
> Huh. That's unexpected. They get auto-loaded here, last I knew. I'll
> have to give one of my devices a spin tomorrow, not sure exactly what
> the last kernel I tried one of them on was. Pretty sure they're
> working fine with the Fedora 15 2.6.38.x kernels and vanilla (but
> Fedora-configured) 3.0-rc kernels though.

I just ran depmod to make sure things were straight in this dept.

kepler ~ # depmod -F System.map -e -av 2.6.39.3

There are no reported errors. The modules rc-imon-mce.ko,
rc-imon-pad.ko and imon.ko depend only on rc-core.ko according to the
output. There don't seem to be any explicit dependencies to the keymaps
(not a kernel dev so I don't know if there should be)

>> I just tried this:
>>
>> kepler ~ # rmmod rc_winfast ir_lirc_codec lirc_dev ir_sony_decoder
>> ir_jvc_decoder ir_rc6_decoder ir_rc5_decoder ir_nec_decoder
>>
>> kepler ~ # modprobe -v rc-imon-pad
>> insmod
/lib/modules/2.6.39.3/kernel/drivers/media/rc/keymaps/rc-imon-pad.ko

>> kepler ~ # modprobe -v rc-imon-mce
>> insmod
/lib/modules/2.6.39.3/kernel/drivers/media/rc/keymaps/rc-imon-mce.ko
>> kepler ~ # modprobe -v imon debug=1
>> insmod /lib/modules/2.6.39.3/kernel/drivers/media/rc/imon.ko debug=1
>>
>> with the same crash (below). (I have the tainting nvidia driver
>> loaded today but it was absent yesterday)
>>
>> Perhaps there something else in the kernel config that must be on in
>> order to support the keymaps?
>>
>> Any other thoughts?
>
> Not at the moment. That T.889 line is... odd. No clue what the heck
> that thing is. Lemme see what I can see tomorrow (just past midnight
> here at the moment), if I don't hit anything, I might need a copy of
> your kernel config to repro.

I can only see the "T.889" string in the System.map, kernel binary and
kernel/sched.o (but not the source?). I have sent the config file
off-list to Jarod.

I will try a Gentoo out-of-the-box kernel config when I finish work also.

Thanks once again for your time
Regards,

--
Chris Williams