Re: [RFC] sunrpc: Fix race between work-queue and rpc_killall_tasks.

From: Ben Greear
Date: Sat Jul 09 2011 - 12:34:37 EST

On 07/08/2011 03:14 PM, Myklebust, Trond wrote:

The calldata gets freed in the rpc_final_put_task() which shouldn't ever be run while the task is still referenced in __rpc_execute

Ok, please go ahead and use your patch for the killall tasks race. My problem remains with or without
your patch, and with or without my version. So, I'm hitting something else.

I'm real low on ideas of how exactly I am hitting the bug..but will keep poking around.

Thanks,
Ben

IOW: it should be impossible to call rpc_exit_task() after rpc_final_put_task
NïïïïïrïïyïïïbïXïïÇvï^ï)Þ{.nï+ïïïï{ïïï"ïï^nïrïïzïïïhïïïï&ïïïGïïïhï(ïéïÝj"ïïïmïïïïïzïÞïïïfïïïhïïï~ïmml==

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>