RE: pstore dump inside an nmi handler

From: Luck, Tony
Date: Fri Jul 08 2011 - 17:40:22 EST

> Inside pstore_dump(), the first thing it tries to grab is a mutex_lock()
> (inside an nmi hander). This seems to be the root cause of my problems.

Someone else pointed out that mutex_lock() is a problem here too. They
wondered whether spin_lock_irqsave() would work - or whether pstore
backends were allowed to sleep - to which I said I hoped they didn't,
but wasn't really sure what the future will hold.

So ... ideas (and patches) are most welcome.

-Tony