Re: 2.6.39.2: usb kernel panic/oops: schedule+ehci_irq+0x266/0x830

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Wed Jul 06 2011 - 16:14:31 EST

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011, Alan Stern wrote:

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:

Hi,

I plan to build a new machine in the future (one with console access) but
in the meantime, after my PSU replacement, the host is still having issues,
I've turned off bluetooth wireless (built into the DP55KG) and will see if
it panics again, link the latest panic/oops/etc:

When it recurs, I will disable the 'threadirq' boot option with 2.6.39, as
that is when all this started happening and report back if it happens without
this option enabled.

Is there a reason why threadirq would cause weird issues on one HW type
chipset vs. another (both Intel)?

ehci-hcd doesn't use threaded interrupts, so in theory that option
shouldn't make any difference. Of course, theory isn't always right.

Alan Stern

Hi,

In that case I will leave it on w/ FRAME pointers enabled and we'll see what happens.

Justin.