Re: [E1000-devel] 2.6.39.2: skb_over_panic: kernel BUG at net/core/skbuff.c:127!

From: Alexander Duyck
Date: Tue Jun 28 2011 - 11:52:11 EST

On 06/27/2011 05:08 PM, Justin Piszcz wrote:
Hi,

Here's another crash: (see the dmesg, its right when powering the disks up)
http://home.comcast.net/~jpiszcz/20110627/IMG_2704.JPG

In this case, I was mkfs.xfs -f (some disks attached to a sata dock) over
an Sil 3132 card, I disconnected the card and re-ran it w/ the on-board
SATA controller and the problem no longer occurred (crashed repeatedly
everytime with the NIC error), strange.

In any case, will let you know if there are any further crashes after
removing that PCI-e card.

Justin.
Justin,

One other thing you might try is downloading and installing our latest igb driver from e1000.sf.net. It looks like you are currently using the in-kernel driver and it is possible that there may be differences between the two that could resolve the issue you are experiencing.

If you are able to reproduce the issue with the Sourceforge driver then that will provide valuable information. Once we have reproduced the issue with the Sourceforge driver, we would be able to provide you a debug driver so that we can narrow down this issue further.

Thanks,

Alex