I need some help with struct clock_event_device (please cc me)

From: Anton Ivanov
Date: Wed Jun 22 2011 - 03:15:32 EST

Hi list,

I need some help with with struct clock_event_device.

Can someone please spare the time to explain to me what exactly is delta in

.set_next_event()

It is probably me being stupid, but I do not get it. If delta is ticks (and hence HZ dependent), how is it possible to pass sub-tick values for high res timers? If delta is not ticks, exactly what it is and how does it depend on shift, mul and other fields in that structure.

Please cc me, I am not subscribed to the list.

--
Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always
done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock

A. R. Ivanov
E-mail: anton.ivanov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx