Re: KVM induced panic on 2.6.38[2367] & 2.6.39

From: Brad Campbell
Date: Tue Jun 07 2011 - 20:18:20 EST

On 08/06/11 06:57, Patrick McHardy wrote:
On 07.06.2011 20:31, Eric Dumazet wrote:
Le mardi 07 juin 2011 à 17:35 +0200, Patrick McHardy a écrit :

The main suspects would be NAT and TCPMSS. Did you also try whether
the crash occurs with only one of these these rules?

I've just compiled out CONFIG_BRIDGE_NETFILTER and can no longer access
the address the way I was doing it, so that's a no-go for me.

That's really weird since you're apparently not using any bridge
netfilter features. It shouldn't have any effect besides changing
at which point ip_tables is invoked. How are your network devices
configured (specifically any bridges)?

Something in the kernel does

u16 *ptr = addr (given by kmalloc())

ptr[-1] = 0;

Could be an off-one error in a memmove()/memcopy() or loop...

I cant see a network issue here.

So far me neither, but netfilter appears to trigger the bug.

Would it help if I tried some older kernels? This issue only surfaced for me recently as I only installed the VM's in question about 12 weeks ago and have only just started really using them in anger. I could try reproducing it on progressively older kernels to see if I can find one that works and then bisect from there.