Re: [PROBLEM] reproduceable storage errors on high IO load

From: Lars TÃuber
Date: Mon Jun 06 2011 - 09:56:24 EST

Hi Gene,

Am Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:20:32 -0400
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
[...]
> I started here:
> <http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?modelno=WD2003FYYS&x=8&y=10>
>
> I entered your drives model number, and got here:
>
> <http://community.wdc.com/t5/News-Announcements/bd-p/Announcements>
>
> That is the link I got when I entered the WDC drive # shown in your dmesg.
> That looks like too many choices, and probably is, so I would email the
> support link shown and ask for clarification. Be sure to use the full
> model number of the drive as shown on the drive or the packaging as its
> possible I blew it with my copy/paste here.

I already found these, but this are all posts regarding consumer products. The harddisks I have are 2TB Raid Editions types. I couldn't find anything related there.

I sent an email to the WD support.

> The point is, the stuff is there. But its easier to find on Seagates site
> I believe.

The seagate drives were only for testing, because they are only 320GB in size.
I don't have six other drives for testing here, but I want to test with the same quantitiy of drives.

Is there anything else I can do OS-wise? Some hint how to debug deeper?

Thanks
Lars