Re: Linux 3.0-rc2

From: Alessandro Suardi
Date: Mon Jun 06 2011 - 06:36:36 EST

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Alessandro Suardi
<alessandro.suardi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You all know the drill by now: another week, another -rc.
>>
>> It's been reasonably quiet, although the btrfs update is bigger than I
>> was hoping for. Other than that, it's mostly driver fixes, some ubifs
>> updates too, and a few reverts for the early regressions.
>>
>> But -rc2 is already small enough that it easily fits as an appended
>> shortlog, and hopefully things will stay calm. Of course, part of that
>> may be due to other people also havin been busy traveling, so let's
>> see (and hope for the best). And I haven't been super-eager to pull,
>> so there is a couple of pending requests still in my mail queue.
>
> 3.0-rc2 tarball appeared, but patch-3.0-rc2.bz2/gz hasn't yet,
>  at least according to the proxy server I'm currently behind.

Actually I'm not so sure what I said is true: 3.0-rc2.tar.gz appeared, but
it's too small, at 15MB vs the 92MB of -rc1...

And I can't tell what's inside, as the helpful antivirus product within the
proxy quits due to too many files in the tarball I'm attempting to download.

Sigh.

Waiting for the diff to pop up. Thanks,

--alessandro

 "There's always a siren singing you to shipwreck"

   (Radiohead, "There There")