Re: Oops in i915 intel_init_clock_gating

From: Keith Packard
Date: Sun Jun 05 2011 - 02:22:39 EST

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 01:02:35 +0100 (BST), Scott Ashcroft <scott.ashcroft@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Looks like the following commit:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=6067aaeadb5b3df26f27ac827256b1ef01e674f5
>

> didn't cope with the pineview case so dev_priv->display.init_clock_gating is
> NULL causing an Oops.
>
> The old code didn't seem to do anything for pineview so I wrapped the call with
> a simple NULL check but I'm not sure if that's the correct fix.

A fix is on its way to master through drm:

95e0ee92d3a605de75a633dd2360700595d5a8ad

drm/i915: fix regression after clock gating init split

During the refactoring in revision 6067aaeadb5b3df26f27ac827256b1ef01e674f5,
the intel_enable_clock_gating was split up into several functions that are
then called indirectly. However, which function to call was not specified for
the IS_PINEVIEW() case. This patch specifies the correct gating function.

--
keith.packard@xxxxxxxxx