Re: git torvalds/linux-2.6.git gives obscure results

From: BjÃrn Mork
Date: Fri Jun 03 2011 - 08:47:20 EST

richard -rw- weinberger <richard.weinberger@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> 2011/6/3 Toralf FÃrster <toralf.foerster@xxxxxx>:
>> SyncingLinus' tree today gives this error :
>>
>> fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: git:
>>

> Same problem here. :-(

Mee too.

There's a problem with the git installation on one of the geo located
git.kernel.org servers, namely git4.kernel.org located at the University
of UmeÃ:

bjorn@canardo:~$ telnet git4.kernel.org git
Trying 130.239.17.8...
Connected to git4.kernel.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
git: 'daemon' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

I looked around at www.kernel.org trying to find an address to report
problems with that specific host, but couldn't find one. So I sent a
report to webmaster. If anyone sees this, please fix. Or take git4 out
of the geo service until it is fixed.

BjÃrn