Re: [kernel.org users] Turning off the incremental diff robot

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Wed Jun 01 2011 - 09:09:31 EST

Hi Peter,

On Mon, 30 May 2011 12:03:03 -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> With the v3.0 name change I was looking over what might break, and I'm
> seriously considering turning off the incremental diff robot on
> kernel.org. It's not clear to me that it is actually useful anymore,
> with git and all.
>
> Do anyone actually use these anymore?

Do you mean files in testing/incr such as patch-2.6.39-rc6-rc7.bz2?
Yes, I am still using these. That being said:
* I guess I could extract these myself from git with a simple git
diff command?
* I don't give a damn to older incremental patches, only to the ones of
the current development cycle.

So if you want to delete all the old files, I'm all for it, and if you
decide to no longer generate the incremental patches at all, I can live
with it.

--
Jean Delvare